Thursday, March 05, 2009

Trolley

They have trolley buses here.  They are very rapid, as they have their own lanes.  Because they are so easy, many people take them.  I take them to go to my school downtown and it is fun but super crowded.  Yesterday there were some kids practicing English behind me.  I really like taking the trolley through the old city (el centro), but the new city is also nice with lots of cool restaurants (for gringos).

The family I am staying with found out I like beans and avocado, so I had that for lunch today.  I am very full.  I´m getting over some mild altitude sickness, and finally had a good sleep last night. However, tonight I have to work all night, hopefully delivering some babies. I´m practicing my women´s anatomy vocabulary.

If I have enough energy left after this shift (and before my 24 hour shift on Sunday), I may go horseback riding in Cotapaxi national park on Saturday.

No comments: